Across our lifetime, with our family, friends and communities, opportunities to reframe our stories can be uplifting and transformational.
Change is a constant – so how can we capture the now?
A moment in time.
A new perspective.
A celebration of your community.
The Queensland community of Dance for Parkinson’s Australia (DPA) has an exciting invitation to artists and dance groups to be part of a new creative project. Re/framing Our Stories is a new initiative to build connections and foster conversation amongst Dance for Parkinson’s community by showcasing the impact of creative activities and sharing the stories of individuals and families living with Parkinson’s.
- Interested in creating something special with your DPA group?
- Interested in celebrating the courage and stories of the people you dance with?
- Believe in the power of dance and movement to convey story and emotion?
- Keen to be involved in opportunities to exchange with other creative practitioners?
- Wanting to connect in with the global network of Dance for Parkinson’s communities?
Then this just the thing for you!
Over the coming months, the Queensland community of DPA will develop a pool of resources to help you dream up, plan and deliver a special creative project within an artistic and community-led frame of strength and creativity. The format might be an exploration in your class, a performance in your local community, a documentary-style video, or dance on film. It’s up to you and your group! You may already be thinking about someone in your community to help. Interested but not sure where to start? Get in touch and we can explore some links and connections.
You don’t need to know where you will end up in order to start-We are here to help!
We invite you to explore the ideas of Re/framing your stories. This can be a literal exploration of the idea of frames, what is inside or outside of the frame, or a more abstracted interpretation.
- What are our stories and what might be different perspectives in sharing them?
- How can we include an element of our local place, is there an iconic outdoor place, or item or idea from our town that we could include?
More info and resources coming soon!